- New contemporary Kitchen featuring a vaulted ceiling with integrated appliances,
- Living room with wood burning stove
- Second living room with bread oven and Inglenook Wood burning stove
- Ground floor third bedroom leading to with wet room,
- Two First floor spacious bedrooms
- Family bathroom
- Triple car port and detached garage
- Stunning grounds of an acre including an assortment of trees and a well
A stunning three bedroom grade II listed 16th century cottage nestling in an acre of well groomed grounds, accessed by a private drive in the highly desirable conservation area of Weston-On-The-Green. The residence has been sympathetically maintained in all its glory, enhancing its abundance of charming character.
A new beautiful contemporary kitchen with vaulted ceiling and integrated appliances overlooks the breath taking grounds via bi-fold doors. The woodwork and feature beams have been carefully treated in both living rooms, two lovely woodburning stoves, one of which is an inglenook in the second living space with a feature bread oven. The current owner has created a home offering a fine balance of contemporary and character living. The fusion is perfect and can only truly be appreciated by visiting Walnut Tree cottage. Brilliant access to major transport links including A34/M40 and a short drive from the globally acclaimed Bicester village. The Manor hotel set moments away makes an ideal location to entertain friends and family on your doorstep.
Triple bay Oak-framed car port and detached brick garage provides ample parking for multiple vehicles. All accessed by a long driveway of over 150 feet.
Ground floor: New contemporary Kitchen with integrated appliances and underfloor heating, Living room with wood burning stove, a second living room with bread oven and wood burning stove, third bedroom with wet room and underfloor heating.
First floor: Two spacious bedrooms with generous hand built wardrobes, family bathroom, all supported by an oil fired central heating system.
Weston on the Green is a sought after location and is conveniently placed for access to the city of Oxford and Bicester. The village is a lively, thriving community with a wide range of local amenities including a country house hotel, two public houses, church, village post office/stores and a farm based ice cream shop and café! The area enjoys breath-taking countryside while benefitting from all the amenities associated with city life. There is a park and ride and three mainline rail stations to London all within 6 miles and excellent road and rail connections to London and the Midlands (via the A34/M40) and the national motorway network. Education: As you would expect the educational institutions are second to none and include the following: Oxford and highly regarded independent day schools including The Dragon, Oxford High, Magdalen College School are all within a short drive or bus-journey.
• Polo at Kirtlington Park Polo Club (3.5 miles) • Shopping at Oxford (9 miles) and Bicester Village (6 miles) and the new Westgate Centre • Heathrow (52 miles) and London Oxford Airport (7 miles) • Golf at Bicester Golf and Country Club (7 miles) , The North Oxford (7 miles), Frilford Heath (16 miles) and The Oxfordshire (18.5 miles) • Gym facilities including spa, indoor and outdoor swimming and indoor tennis courts are located Bicester Golf and Country Club (3.5 miles) and 7 miles away at The Oxford Health & Racquets Club.
In the owner’s words:
“We have lived in Walnut Tree Cottage for 17 happy years. It was love at first sight for us and both still get that warm feeling everytime we turn into the drive and see our home. We have loved the peaceful location with the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside all around us. We have taken great pleasure working in the garden which has 4 established apple trees, a vegetable garden with greenhouse, a walnut tree which produces a bountiful crop every autumn (if we can beat the squirrels). Many a happy afternoon has been spent sitting and enjoying the birdsong and watching the gliders and parachutists floating past. We have both recently retired and have a yearning to travel, so are happy to pass Walnut Tree Cottage to its next very fortunate custodian!”